Pet Recovery Services
What would you do if your pet got lost?
As the pet recovery experts for 15 years, AKC Companion Animal Recovery (AKC CAR) is here to help. We are a not for profit organization and protecting pets is all that we do. We have over 4 million pets enrolled in our service and have helped to reunite over 400,000 pets with their owners.
If your pet has a microchip, the number of that microchip must be directly linked to you. This is done by enrolling it in a recovery service, like AKC CAR. AKC CAR enrolls any brand of microchip and provides you with peace of mind that your pet is protected for its lifetime with NO ANNUAL FEES. Our toll free number assures you that no matter what time of day, or where you are, or what the weather is like where you live, AKC CAR is available 24/7 to help your pet return home to you.
Have more than 2 pets to enroll?
Download Multiple Pet Enrollment Form and save!
Steps to take if your pet gets lost
- Contact AKC CAR immediately at 800-252-7894.
- Call your local animal shelters and notify them about your lost pet.
- Hang posters in your neighborhood. Protect your privacy by using the AKC CAR phone number.
Read a few of our recovery service Success Stories.
Spotlight is the only product of its kind that couples the tracking services provided through GPS technology with the recovery services of AKC CAR.
Update My Pet Records
We encourage you to keep your records updated so that we can quickly return your pet home. Unique to AKC Companion Animal Recovery service, you can make unlimited free updates, including phone number and address changes. Even if you go on a short vacation with your pet, please update your online records with your temporary address and phone number.
Transfer Your Pet
Ensure peace of mind for new pet owners, and transfer pet records to pass along the benefits that microchipping and enrollment to new pet owners.
Report a Lost or Found Pet
Please use our 24-hour Recovery Hotline to Report a Lost or Found Pet. Recovery Hotline: 1-800-252-7894.
- Press 2 for changes to your pet's enrollment information. If possible, please fax, e-mail or mail changes so that we can better serve those customers calling to report lost or found animals.
- Press 3 to order a replacement collar tag.
- Press 4 to check the status of your pet's enrollment.
- Press 0 for all other inquiries.